HEEF is accepting On-Line Scholarship Applications for 2013-2014 through Monday March 11, 2013 at 5:00pm.
HEEF scholarships are based on a combination of low-income family background, academic achievement and involvement in extracurricular activities, community volunteer work, church service or work-employment.
HEEF applicants must be:
- Latino/a who has lived in Orange County (OC), CA for the past 6 years
- An OC public or private high school graduate who enrolls fulltime at a 4-year college; an OC community college transfer who enrolls fulltime at a 4-year university; or, an entering or continuing OC community college student who qualifies for a HEEF Subfund that awards community college students.
- Eligible for need based financial aid. All applicants must submit a FAFSA and report their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) on their online HEEF application. Dream Act/ AB 540 applicants must complete the self-reported information section of the online application.
- Eligible for need based financial aid. All applicants must submit financial information, even if they do not submit a FAFSA and report their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) on their online application. Dream Act/ AB 540 applicants must complete the “Applicant Financial Information’ section of the online application.
HEEF serves students who live in Orange County (OC), California only.
The On-Line scholarship application deadline for 2013-2014 is Monday, March 11, 2013 at 5:00pm.
- Click or open this link: https://oc-cf.academicworks.com/
- A list of scholarships will appear - scroll through available scholarships to locate the HEEF general fund: “HEEF: Hispanic Education Endowment Fund Scholarship.”
- Click on “sign up” and you will be prompted to enter an email address and password, once you complete this, click on “sign up” on the lower right-hand corner.
- This will take you to the Orange County Community Foundation general application. All required questions must be answered - required questions are marked with an asterisk. Please be sure to click “Yes” on the question “Are you a HEEF applicant?” You can save and return to complete your HEEF online application, or complete it and click “finish and submit.”
- Once the application is submitted the system will match you to HEEF sub funds and non-HEEF scholarships based on eligibility and various criteria. You may be matched to multiple HEEF sub funds, there are 29 all together, but please remember that you may only apply to one HEEF sub fund regardless of the number of possible matches.
- It is recommended that you carefully review the eligibility criteria of sub fund matches and select the one that is most appropriate for you. Applying for an HEEF sub fund is optional. However, you may apply for one or more non-HEEF Orange County Community Foundation scholarships.
- You must SUBMIT your HEEB On-Line application by the deadline:
Monday, March 11, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.Selection of Recipients.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Ms. Michelle Abril is our Orange County Community Foundation Scholarship Associate. Should you have questions about our OCCF and HEEF On-Line Application, please contact her directly or Dr. Juan Francisco Lara.
Michelle Abril, Scholarship Associate Chair
949.553.4202 ext. 46
Juan Francisco Lara, Ph.D., HEEF Chair
Orange County Community Foundation
4041 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 510, Newport Beach, CA 92660