On-Line Scholarship Applications for 2016-2017 are now closed.
HEEF scholarships are based on a combination of low-income family background, academic achievement and involvement in extracurricular activities, community volunteer work, church service or work-employment.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Latino/a who has lived in Orange County (OC), CA for the past six years
- An OC public or private high school graduate who enrolls fulltime at a four-year college or an OC community college transfer who enrolls fulltime at a four-year college.
- Dream Act/ AB 540 applicants must complete the "Applicant Financial Information" section of the online application.
- First generation college student.
- Family income limit of $45,000.
- Previous HEEF scholars may reapply for selected subfunds.
HEEF serves students who live in Orange County (OC), California only.
The On-Line scholarship application deadline for 2016-2017 through Tuesday, January 19, 2016.
- Click or open this link: https://oc-cf.academicworks.com/
- A list of scholarships will appear - scroll through available scholarships to locate the HEEF general fund: “HEEF: Hispanic Education Endowment Fund Scholarship.”
- Click on “sign up” and you will be prompted to enter an email address and password, once you complete this, click on “sign up” on the lower right-hand corner.
- This will take you to the Orange County Community Foundation general application. All required questions must be answered - required questions are marked with an asterisk. Please be sure to click “Yes” on the question “Are you a HEEF applicant?” You can save and return to complete your HEEF online application, or complete it and click “finish and submit.”
- Once the application is submitted the system will match you to HEEF sub funds and non-HEEF scholarships based on eligibility and various criteria. You may be matched to multiple HEEF sub funds, there are 32 all together, but please remember that you may only apply to one HEEF sub fund regardless of the number of possible matches.
- It is recommended that you carefully review the eligibility criteria of sub fund matches and select the one that is most appropriate for you. Applying for an HEEF sub fund is optional. However, you may apply for one or more non-HEEF Orange County Community Foundation scholarships.
- You must SUBMIT your HEEF On-Line application by the deadline:
Tuesday, January 19, 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Ms. Michelle Abril is our Orange County Community Foundation Education and Scholarship Officer. Should you have questions about our OCCF and HEEF On-Line Application, please contact her directly or Monica Vasquez Guillena.
Michelle Abril, Education and Scholarship Officer
949.553.4202 ext. 46
Monica Vasquez Guillena
Orange County Community Foundation
4041 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 510, Newport Beach, CA 92660